Wednesday, August 13, 2014

South Sound BBQ Festival

So I know my posts are a little random sometimes. From what I've been doing with my life to whats been on my mind but remember this blog is a form of a journal for me and my future family. When I don't feel like blogging I remind myself this is the best way to document my life!

Anyway a little over a month ago, July 5th to be exact, the South Sound BBQ Festival, that I mentioned here, took place. (Remember I'm the Event Coordinator for the Lacey Chamber of Commerce) It was the biggest event I've ever been in charge of and while it was so exhausting, I have to say it felt really good to be a part of. Not to mention I had a great team to help me out!

We estimated that the attendance was about 14,000 people, so a huge success! We guessed that I walked about 25-30 miles that day, and when I say walk I mean speed walk. No strolling occurred between 6 am and 10 pm. The most frequent thing said to me that day was, "You look like a man on a mission". Lets just say I struggled walking the next day....

Here are some pictures from the day of.....

We had a dunk tank where all the money went to our Kidwiler Scholarship Fund, and all the people dunked were important people in our community.







I live in Washington. Home of the 2014 Superbowl Champions, the Seahawks. So we were lucky enough to have Blitz and some Sea Gals in attendance.



Had a Chicken Wing Eating Contest... 



And lots of great vendors...



 This is actually my mom at her DoTerra booth. She got stung by a bee the day before and had a severe reaction (hence the swelling), but being the champ she is she still came!


Some jamming music...




The Backyard Joes Competition (amateur bbq contest)...


And my sisters were the best and made sure I got food. They were even caught on camera!



And I rocked my CamelBak and everyone was jealous, no really I got a million and a half comments about it....but lets be honest here, how could you not be.


 If I point it looks like I know what I'm doing
 This picture was taken around 9:30 pm when I finally sat and I had to be helped back up.

What a great day. Lots of good food, great people and good times were had by everyone! I feel blessed to have a job where I get to be a part of great events that bring my community together. 


No comments :

Post a Comment